kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 28 May 2010

If not for the small fondant circle and the pearl dragees, this wedding cake would be 100% buttercream.

While this is essentially a very basic, albeit elegant wedding cake, it probably took me longer than any cake I did that week.  I did begin by using an impression mat to mark my diamonds on the cake, but then it was out with the spatula and the blowtorch to cut each line into the cake.  After that was done, a small pearl dragee was placed at each intersecting line.

So far, I am loving the buttercream Fondarific.  It works well as fondant, works fabulously in my Cricut Cake machine, and matches my buttercream perfectly.  In this case, I cut a circle from that Fondarific and used a small sculpting knife to trace over the "M", creating a faint impression.  Then I piped layers of buttercream to build up the monogram.

As always, thanks for stopping by and listening to me ramble on about cake and have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts