kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Thursday 6 October 2011

I made these M&M cookie pops to mark Children's Day, which falls on the first Friday each October.


This year, only my younger child gets to enjoy the holiday. Since my elder son has started secondary school it will be a normal school day for him. In fact, he is busy preparing for his end-of-year examination. Not sure whether I am doing the right thing, but I have left it to him to handle his studies, I no longer coach or guide him like what I used to do when he was in primary school. So, I am now feeling a little nervous as his final exam draws closer. I am keeping my fingers all crossed and could only hope that he is able to pass all his subjects.


Back to my latest bakes...I got the idea of making these cookies on sticks when I stumbled upon a Korean translated to Chinese baking book in the library. It is really a rare find! There are many Japanese translated cookbooks but this is the first time I have came across a Korean baking book. Although the recipe from the baking book is quite straight forward, I decided to fall back on my usual chocolate chip cookies recipe. The only extra step was to stick the ice cream sticks into the cookie doughs and decorate the top with some mini M&Ms before popping them into the oven.

I managed to find ice cream sticks from the neighbourhood SPK shop. It comes in small packs...50 sticks for a dollar. I had earlier went to Phoon Huat to look for the sticks, but they do not sell in small quantities, and I am too cheapskate to part $4.50 for 20 Wilton cookies sticks ;)

I washed the ice cream sticks, soak them in water for an hour before using...just to make sure they don't break or get burnt during baking. As the ice cream sticks took up space, I had to bake these cookies in two batches. I told myself I did the right thing when I retrieved these colourful lollies from the oven! In case you ask, the word 'thing' refers to picking up baking as a hobby ;)



I got my younger boy to write the words on the sticks. For those to be given away, he wrote the name of each receiver on the stick, plus his favourite smiley, before I wrapped them with clear cookie bags. They looked very much like lollipops! I didn't have photos to show as my lousy photography skill (actually I have not acquired any such skills) is not able to handle the very reflective cookie bags (^^')


There is a down side to these cookies-on-sticks though. I have to keep reminding my kids to eat them only at the dinning table, because, if you are not careful, the cookie may fall apart half way eating it :(

Despite the 'hazard', I would still think these lollies are better alternatives to any sugar laden treats for young children. Hope you won't blame me if your little ones, or not-so-little ones start pestering you  to bake some for them ;)


Here's wishing all children a Happy Children's Day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts