kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 15 February 2011


Yipee! I have a day off today! Everyone is at work and my little munchkin is at pre-school. It's amazing how quiet the house is. So what do I do on my day off? Hmmm set up a rose swirl tutorial of course!

I get so many requests on how I pipe my rose swirl that I thought I would make up a quick photographic step by step tutorial { Tho, it wasn't quick to photograph and has taken 1/2 the day!! I have to say it was quite hard to pipe with one hand so I could take photos with the other, but hey it was fun! }

Firstly lets talk about the tips that I used:





For both my normal swirl and rose swirls I will either use a Wiltons star tip 1M {larger} & a Wiltons star tip 2D {smaller}. I use the 2D for my rose swirl as it gives a more delicate look, however if you only have a 1M that will work just as well.

So lets get started!


{How to pipe a rose swirl}

{Equipment}
1M or 2D star tip : piping bag : buttercream : cupcakes : decorations



{Method}
1. Start from the middle and pipe a small amount of buttercream into the centre.

2. Slowly work your way around going anti-clockwise until you reach the outer edge of your cupcake. Remember to apply even pressure to your pipping bag, this insures an even swirl all the way around.

3. Finish of with a decoration where the swirl ends.

And there you have a rose swirl cupcake!



Hope this tutorial has been useful and you can get an idea of how to pipe a rose swirl. You just have to keep at it and you will eventually get the rose swirl you desire.

{Remember}
Practice makes prefect!



Happy piping everyone!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts