kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 21 February 2011


It used to be that I had to search far and wide for Plugra, the  European-style high-fat butter I favor in my baked goods. So imagine my surprise on Saturday when DH, in New Jersey to visit his mother, discovered my favorite butter in a suburban K-Mart!

Unfortunately, he bought salted butter -- lovely on bread or melted in a sauce -- but not ideal for baking. That's because most baked good recipes contain salt as an ingredient (usually a teaspoon or so) and if one uses salted butter, it ups the final salt amount in the finished product.  (If you Google this, you can figure out ways to compensate for salted butter, but why add an extra step?)

So remember (DH, are you listening?) always buy SWEET, unsalted butter for your baking needs.  It's just one more way to guarantee delicious success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts