kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 16 February 2011


Man oh man. If there's one cake I don't mind doing over again it's the Hamburger Cake Classique. It kills me every time!

Marissa asked me if I could do a burger cake for her husband Steve's birthday... her excitement and enthusiasm for the cake was matched by my own hyperness -- I love the magic of cake! Colour some buttercream, trick the eye with squiggles of "mustard" and leaves of fresh green "lettuce" and blobs of "ketchup." Roll out orangey fondant super thin and cut into squares then triangles, and you've got a cheeseburger! Personally I like my burgers a little more rare than charred... but you can blame the rich dark cocoa powder I used for the burger patty cake layer... ^__^

The cutesville kicker on this cake -- SODA AND FRIES! I was just going to make the soda and fries for display and for photos... but they turned out so cute I turned them into their own flags and poked them in to the top of the cake. I did a stripey cake board and matching flag. The cake itself was vanilla cake and chocolate cake, and between the layers of cake there was dark chocolate ganache...

I got a really cute email from Marissa the next day:

"I had to really be careful to preserve as much of its cuteness as possible when cutting it. The first cut was, indeed, the deepest."


CUTE!!!

I know how much I loved this cake because this was the last cake I made over a painful/delightful/extremely tiring weekend of pure cakeing... but I had so much energy in creating it because I was seriously so stoked on it.

Happy Birthday Steve! You've got a super cool wife! ^__^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts