kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 30 November 2011

My love affair with chocolate-covered strawberries goes way back. Waaaaay back. I love them. So, I had to include them in my chocolate dessert menu. However, to get good chocolate-covered strawberries, you have to "temper" your chocolate. Huh? What does tempering chocolate mean, and why do you care or want to do it??

Well, you know how when you eat a cake pop or a chocolate-covered strawberry, it has kind of a 'crack' when you bite into the chocolate? That's because the chocolate is "tempered." If it's not tempered, it doesn't have that 'crack.' And it gets all mushy (unless it's cold).

So, if you plan to use real chocolate, and not almond bark or candy melts for any kind of chocolate-dipped treat, you need to temper it.

To be honest, I would probably prefer, for most treats, to just use the almond bark. Easier. Way easier. But my husband does not like the chocolate-flavored almond bark. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate. Nope.
And, let's face it good chocolate is good. So, occasionally, like for the birthday party for my friend's mom, I go ahead and temper the chocolate.

What You Need
Chocolate
A double boiler (or bowl that fits well over your pot with simmering water)
An instant read thermometer*
Optional:
Shortening
Parchment Paper
Spatula

*An instant-read thermometer is different from a candy thermometer. You want something digital here so that you can get the precise temperatures. I bought mine for all of $10 at Target.

Click Here to Read More>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts