kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 27 October 2010

flying_saucer_macarons
It's so frustrating when things don't turn out as good as you hoped.

I fail a lot in the kitchen, especially when I'm experimenting and coming up with new recipes. Things just don't go to plan, the decorations or the photography (or both in this case). But this is one particular failure I felt like sharing with you because I'm in love with the idea. I was randomly chatting with Tomred when he helped me come up with this awesomely cute idea for a Halloween macaron - Alien Spaceship Macarons.
flying_saucer_macarons-3
Shells coloured grey so they look like flying saucers, gummy bears on top as the aliens and a clear plastic dome on top! Squee!! Oh and little metallic cachous for the controls. Unfortunately I made some silly mistakes and was lacking resources so the result was macarons that look nothing like flying saucers :( But I had to share the idea with you. It's frustrating to spend money and time on an idea that doesn't work out like you hoped. But we all have to make mistakes and learn from them sometimes!
flying_saucer_macarons-4
I really should have piped the macarons in an oval shape instead of rounds. And I wish I could have found rounder plastic caps to use for the domes on top (I used plastic shot glasses cut in half). But the gummy bears and jelly babies as the aliens was pretty darn cute :) It would have been cool to find something to use as little legs on the bottom of the macs too. I used my basic macaron recipe with a lime butter icing and it's such a shame the look of them isn't quite right because the macarons themselves were perfect in texture and flavour. I don't think I can be bothered trying again with better props but if anyone can, go for it! Hope everyone has a fun Halloween this weekend!
flying_saucer_macarons-2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts