kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Sunday 17 October 2010

mango_pudding5
Fresh mango. It's one of the best things about summer. It's weird that I don't love summer and I prefer cooler weather. I spent most of my life next to rainforests and deserts. But I hate it when it gets ridiculously hot. I hate humidity. I hate catching stuffy trains with no air-conditioning and having my legs stick to the plastic seats. I hate trying to fall asleep when it's too hot. But summer means that mangoes are in season. Mangoes are one of my favourite fruits.
mango_pudding_filtered
So I thought I would share this super easy recipe for making mango pudding. My brother mentioned it to me after seeing it on Food Safari not too long ago, it caught his interest because the recipe used melted mango ice cream to make the pudding. It's a ridiculously easy recipe, it almost feels like cheating. I found my pudding turned out a little too creamy because I used Weis Mango & Cream ice cream, I think that next time I will make it using a mango sorbet and perhaps a little bit of vanilla ice cream. But it's smooth and creamy with lots of chunks of fresh mango through it. It's one reason to look forward to summer this year.
mango_pudding-4_filtered
Mango Pudding
(recipe from Food Safari)
1 cup water
6 tsp powdered gelatine
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 litre soft mango ice cream
75ml evaporated milk
1 cup crushed ice
1 large mango, peeled seeded and diced

Remove ice cream an hour before starting to allow it to soften. Place water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil on medium heat. Mix sugar and gelatine together and then gradually stir into the boiling water. Stir over medium heat until thick and syrupy - 5 to 10 minutes. Slowly pour into a large heatproof mixing bowl. Add mango ice cream and stir until smooth, then add evaporated milk, crushed ice and diced mango pieces and stir together.
mango_pudding-9
Pour mixture into individual serving glasses or bowls. Chill in the refrigerator until set, at least two hours.
mango_pudding-3_filtered

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts