kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 4 June 2010

This is not the first helmet cake I have done, but it was the first with a free standing face guard.  The couple specifically asked for it.  I accomplished the task by rolling out gumpaste logs and inserting wire through them before they dried.  They did get a little more wrinkly than I would have liked, but overall it turned out well.

Carving this one took me forever; that stack of cakes just DID NOT want to become a helmet!  Once I had it in the shape I wanted, I carved a small section of the inside of the helmet out; just enough for me to cover with black fondant and it still be inset.  I thought it add a lot to the realism of the cake.

Overall, I thought it turned out very good!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts