kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 24 October 2014


We've all heard of Diamond Walnuts, but these "Walnut Diamonds" are an almost fat-free cookie that take but ten minutes to make and yields a moist, chewy, delicious and incredibly addictive treat. You truly won't believe these contain no butter! All of my tasters loved them.

This recipe card, probably dating from the 1940s or 50s, is titled Walnut Bars (Charlotte).


First step, and the most "challenging" is to chop up enough walnuts to equal one cup.


Make the batter by beating the egg and adding the dry ingredients.


The batter will be thick and sticky.


Place the batter in a greased and floured eight-inch pan. I donned non-latex gloves and smooshed (that's the technical term) the batter in the pan...


until it looked like this.


Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.


I cut the first batch into squares, below, and the second into a diamond shape.


Production notes: I followed the recipe exactly, except I did not dissolve the baking soda in water mostly because I couldn't figure out why that needed to be done. I simply added it -- and 1/2 teaspoon of salt -- to the flour mixture.  I added the vanilla to the batter right before the dry ingredients.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts