kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 28 October 2014

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.

This Pumpkin Puke {aka Pimiento Cheese} is a Southern favorite turned into a fun (and gross!) Halloween snack idea! Perfect year round - Serve with crackers, celery sticks or as a spread on bread. Add a spoonful atop a grilled burger. Pimiento Cheese makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich too! #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias

This Pumpkin Puke {aka Pimiento Cheese} is a Southern favorite turned into a fun (and gross!) Halloween snack idea! Perfect year round as a dip or spread on crackers or bread! #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias #shop

Are you ready for Halloween?! To be honest, I'm not! This month has flown by and I'm in scramble mode to get some things done! You may remember, our neighborhood has a block party of sorts for Halloween. I have tons of ideas of what to take for the potluck - but I haven't quite nailed it down yet. 

This Pumpkin Puke {aka Pimiento Cheese} is a Southern favorite turned into a fun (and gross!) Halloween snack idea! Perfect year round as a dip or spread on crackers or bread! #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias #shop

While shopping at my local Walmart this past weekend, I saw the Oreo, Fanta and Wheat Thins In-Store Demo at the end of the cookie and cracker aisle. If you follow me on social media, you probably saw this picture of the demo that I share on Instagram. I usually skip the food carts at the store but since I was looking for some Halloween inspiration, I stopped by! 

With Halloween only days away, it seems everyone is making plans for trick-or-treating and fun parties. I saw people buying last minutes bags of candy and people scouring the costume aisle for the perfect costume! In preparation for a busy night, the ghosts, pirates and princesses in your life will love snacking on Wheat Thins and Oreo before heading out for some Halloween fun! They are the perfect Halloween snack!

Although I don't share too many gross and gory recipes, my boys LOVE gross and gory. It must be a "boy thing." I thought it would be fun to take my favorite Pimiento Cheese and turn it into Pumpkin Puke .... and I got exactly the reaction I thought I would! My kids thought it was cool! They were more than happy to help set up my table for a family party. When they saw what I was doing with the Pimiento Cheese, I scored some major "cool mom points." They eagerly devoured the Pumpkin Puke. I have to say, that is a statement I never thought I would say! ;)

Of course, Wheat Thins and Pimiento Cheese go together year round. Tailgating anyone? This recipe is super versatile. You can use this Pimiento Cheese on crackers, celery sticks or eat it spread on bread. It's great on top of a grilled burger and Pimiento Cheese makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich! So don't limit yourself to just Halloween! :)

Pimiento Cheese is a Southern favorite - Perfect year round as a dip or spread on crackers or bread! #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias #shop


Pimiento Cheese
by Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
Yield: (4 cups)

Ingredients
  • 1½ cups mayonnaise
  • 1 jar (4 oz.) diced pimiento, drained
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp. finely grated onion
  • ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1 block (8 oz.) extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
  • 1 block (8 oz.) sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded

Instructions

1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.

2. Store covered in the refrigerator and use within one week.

Serving suggestions: Serve with crackers, celery sticks or as a spread on bread. Add a spoonful atop a grilled burger. Pimiento Cheese makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich too!

Note: I used saran wrap to form the "puke" for the pumpkin. I made a small ball on one end of the saran wrap and attached it to the inside of the pumpkin with a toothpick. I then formed and filled in the saran wrap with the Pimiento Cheese. Any parts of the saran wrap that were showing, were easy to tuck behind, as not to be seen.

Powered by Recipage

This Pumpkin Puke {aka Pimiento Cheese} is a Southern favorite turned into a fun (and gross!) Halloween snack idea! Perfect year round as a dip or spread on crackers or bread! #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias #shop

No Halloween party would be complete without dessert! I made a quick and easy pudding pie using a pre-made Oreo crust. I piped some circles on the top of the pie using melted chocolate chips, then quickly drug a knife through from the middle to the outside - making it look like a spider web! An Oreo cookie on top with more melted chocolate chips for the legs and 2 orange sprinkle eyes made an easy dessert everyone loved!

As an afterthought, I should have picked up some of the mini Oreo cookies and put some baby spiders on there! I'll definitely do that next time! :)

This Pimiento Cheese recipe with Wheat Thins and the Oreo Spider Pie were quick and easy to make ... maybe I'll take these to the Halloween Block Party?! I'm dying to try the Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins - maybe I can take those with a Buffalo Chicken Dip?! 

I would love to know what your favorite Halloween snacks are! Do you have a dip that goes perfect with Wheat Thins? Feel free to share your ideas in the comments!

Oreo Spider Pie #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias #shop

Other Posts You May Enjoy:


With only 4 ingredients, you can easily whip up a batch of these Cheddar Cheese Bites! They are perfect for a quick and easy appetizer, snack or accompaniment to  soup!
Cheddar Cheese Bites

Garlic & Herb Cheese Bombs 1a
Garlic & Herb Cheese Bombs

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

Love Bakes Good Cakes on FacebookLove Bakes Good Cakes on TwitterLove Bakes Good Cakes on PinterestLove Bakes Good Cakes on Google+Love Bakes Good Cakes on InstagramLove Bakes Good Cakes on BlogLovin'Get Love Bakes Good Cakes via Email or RSS feedImage Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts