kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 26 September 2011

I must admit that when it comes to icing, I really like a plain, old, basic buttercream icing. (One like my Basic Decorator's Icing.) It's sweet, sugary, everything I think icing is supposed to be.
However, there is also another kind of icing, known as Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Before trying it, I'd been told this icing is just the most wonderful thing since sliced bread.

I will admit that this icing is, indeed, decadent. It isn't as sweet as your basic butter, powdered sugar and vanilla buttercream. My husband thinks it's at least a million times better than "regular" icing. It doesn't have to be refrigerated, which is nice. I don't know. I'm not 100% sold on it. But... it's growing on me. Try it. Let me know what you think!

*Update: I am sold on this icing now... a few months after trying it for the first time. It is really good, and what I love about it is that I can change the flavors of it SO easily. I've made it strawberry, pineapple, caramel, chocolate... It's great!!

What You Need:
4 Egg whites
1 cup sugar
3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) Unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
Special equipment, etc.:
Candy thermometer
Saucepan with about 1/2 inch water
Lemon juice or vinegar & paper towels

Click Here to Read More>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts