kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Thursday 7 April 2011


Need a go-to chocolate cake?  I discovered a simple and delicious recipe in Ida Mae Van's 1935 cooking school notebook.

But this recipe, tucked in the back of the composition book, is not written in Ida's careful hand, but was given to her by someone urging her to try this chocolate cake.  I have no idea who Ms. Van was, but I know a good recipe when I see one, so I didn't need much urging, just a lunch date with my friend Jordana who loves chocolate almost as much as life itself.

This cake is super easy and quick. I started it at 11 a.m. and brought it to lunch at 1 p.m., cooled and frosted.  I used the Magnolia Bakery's vanilla buttercream frosting, available by searching Google.

This recipe isn't in Ida's handwriting, but was given to her by someone else, and placed in
her cooking school composition book.


The recipe calls for lard (I used butter) the size of an egg.


Don't worry if the batter looks speckled.  It will even out in the oven.



Jordana and her chocolate cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts