kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 11 April 2011

In this case the pregnant lady is me! We are so happy to be expecting our second baby. This is a dream come true for us and we are looking forward to hold our baby in our arms.

With the joy of expecting a little one has come the morning sickness and me being sick pretty much everyday. Unfortunately this pregnancy is totally different than the one I had with Cami, I could pretty much eat a cow everyday until the day that I went into labor and I had a tall glass of milk and 2 potato rolls before going for my C-Section! ( I really didn't know when it was going to be my next meal and I wanted to be prepared). I am happy to report that I gained 80 happy and nutritious pounds.

The story with this baby is completely different, not only I have to deal with the 300 hundred test been schedule to me because I am over 35, but I have been sick since the first day I had a positive result.
I can't eat, I can't see meat, eggs or pretty much anything.
The only thing I am surviving on is rice, tomato, onions and lemons.same.thing,every.day. If I am having a good day I can eat a little pasta, bread and a little fruit ( I have to say that Saturday I was craving nachos and I was able to eat a portion that would take any of you a week to eat)

 I am having a  lack of motivation for many things, so far I just want to be in bed 24/7.

Since I have been having lemons as part of my new unwanted "diet" ,I decided to make this Lemon Swiss Roll  that I made in one of my classes at ICE, I love it and I was able to eat a little portion of it, I gave the rest to a good friend of mine.

Lemon Swiss Roll

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
6 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 1/4 cups of cake flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray bottom of pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper.

1-Sift cake flour
1-Separate eggs, placing whites in a bowl for an electric mixer, put yolks in a small bowl.
3-Beat the eggs whites with a pinch of salt , until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar and continue to beat until soft peaks are formed.
4-Continue beating and slowly add sugar in a steady stream. Beat 5 to 10 minutes until egg whites are stiff and no longer grainy.
5- Put mixer on very low speed and mix in slightly whisked egg yolks and the lemon juice.
6-Remove bowl from machine and fold flour mixture.
7-Spread batter in prepared pan ( I used a half sheet 12x18)
8-Bake 20 to 30 minutes. cool in pan.

LEMON CURD

8 large egg yolks

Grated zest of 4 lemons
1 1/2 cups of  freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
8 oz  unsalted butter
4 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/2 tea spon of salt

1-Combine lemon zest, lemon juice,butter, cornstarch, salt and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking  constantly with a wooden spoon, making sure to stir sides and bottom of pan. Bring to a simmer.

2-Whisk the egg yolks together in a bowl.
3-Beat one quarter of the liquid into the egg yolks.
4-Add the yolk mixture to the remaining lemon mixture and cook over low/ medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a boil, about 1 minute.
3.Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd to avoid a skin from forming. Let cool and  refrigerate until firm and chilled, at least 1 hour.




Spread the lemon curd over the cooled cake, be generous!



Carefully roll the cake up to form a roll.



Finished roll




I decorated the cake just piping some Swiss Meringue on it (recipe coming soon or there are plenty online), I really didn't feel too creative.

Enjoy!!


Have a great week everyone and please keep me in your prayers.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts