kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 5 April 2011



For dessert addicts in New York City, crack pie needs no explanation.  For everyone else, let's just say that this most delicious treat at Momofuku Milk Bar was given the perfect name.

Recipes for crack pie are all over the internet; problem is, there's no official one and those that do exist are extremely complicated and time-consuming with no guarantee of success.

So imagine my delight when my co-workers at Henry Street Settlement (a lovely, but tough crowd) heaped praise on this c. 1950s Borden's Buttermilk Pie* calling it "amazing" and "incredible" and . . .  drum roll here . . . "as good as crack pie."

It's really easy to make (once you master the pie crust) and very quick -- I swear it took me about five minutes to put the filling together.

At the beginning, making the pie filling is like making a cake, creaming sugar and butter,
 then adding flour and eggs.
The very liquid filling firms up in the oven.

The top takes on a dark golden color.


*I did not use Borden's Buttermilk; I believe that company closed shop about a decade ago.  Instead I used "real" buttermilk (as opposed to supermarket varieties) from Animal Farm that I purchased at Saxelby Cheese at the Essex Market.  Look for more buttermilk posts in the coming week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts