kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 18 April 2011




One of the rewards of enduring my family's five hour seders were the farfel muffins made by my Grandma Jean who made these (and everything else) from scratch.


Her farfel muffins were like a Jewish version of Yorkshire pudding, very light and almost hollow on the inside.  As you can see, my muffins, while delicious, haven't yet achieved the high standard my grandmother set.


I'm lucky to work just a few blocks away from the Streit's Matzoh factory on Manhattan's Lower East Side, which has a retail shop attached, as I was unable to find farfel in any of the grocery stores in my Park Slope neighborhood.  Matzoh yes, farfel no.

These muffins, from my mother's recipe (below), are very easy to make, and almost impossible to stop eating.

Soak the farfel in water and then drain before proceeding with the recipe.


My mother's recipe.  When I took this recipe card, she said, "Mine were never as good as Grandma's."

Luckily I have eight days to get these right.

Production notes:  Grease the muffin tins. Soak the farfel in cold water until soft, then drain. Beat eggs separately, and add to drained farfel, melted butter, salt and matzoh meal.  These make approximately 15 muffins.   (Alternately, you don't need to beat the eggs separately, just mix them into the rest of the ingredients -- I'm sure that's what my mother did.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts