kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 25 September 2012

I like to use buttermilk in as many recipes as I can. It helps makes things a little more fluffy, I think. And I like fluffy.

But I don't always have buttermilk at home, and I don't really want to stock it all of the time. (The fact that my 5-year-olds already take down two gallons of milk a week has me terrified for the amount of dairy this home will need to contain when they're 12.)

So, I used "soured milk." There are lots of ways to do this, but I prefer simply 1 Tbsp. white vinegar to 1 cup milk (usually 2%). You could also use lemon juice (same proportion), or you could use 2 tsp. of cream of tartar with a cup of milk.

There's also buttermilk powder, which I did use for a while. I tried just mixing it in with my powdered ingredients-- but it didn't seem to do as much. Then, I would reconstitute it to milk, but you know, I found that soured milk worked better and was easier to keep on hand.

That's today's Tip for Tuesday: soured milk instead of regular milk or buttermilk in your baked goods.

Enter your email address below to receive the latest recipes, tips and ideas in your email inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

And don't forget, if you shop at Amazon.com through my link, you support this blog and its contents. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts