kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Thursday 20 September 2012


I get asked quite often how did I make the gumpaste tiara for this cake that I made for a Bridal Shower a few months ago.
Here are some step by step pictures I took of the process hoping that maybe you can learn how to make your own.

To make the tiara, you will need:

.gumpaste
.small brush and water
.tiara template
.a container the size of the tiara you want to make
.clay extruder
.exacto knife
.piping gel
.silver dragees
.pastry bag
.tip #1



1- I started by making my own tiara template, you can easily download one online.I just downloaded a few tiara pictures and copied a combination of designs until I had the one I wanted.

 I needed my tiara to fit a 4" inch round cake, so I used an empty platic yogurt container as my mold.. If you need a larger one, adjust your container size accordingly

2-When you have the template that you want already trace in parchment paper,wrap it around your can and tape it in place.

3-I kneaded some shortening with my gumpaste to help it come out of the clay extruder better. I also lightly greased the inside of the barrel of the clay extruder.

4-I made the first rope and placed it around the whole bottom edge of the tiara.



5- I then started making the ropes, cutting them with the exacto knife and adjusting the sizes to the pattern.



6-I found easy for me to work in sections. I worked from the center of the tiara out.
I did the first pattern carefully curving  the rope into the shape I wanted, I shaped the end pieces using my fingers and cutting pieces here and there until I had the shape I needed it..
I used a dab of water at every point where pieces touched each other to stick them together..




7-When I finished the center, I did the sides of the tiara.



8- I continued making/curving ropes and adjusting them to the design.


9-When I was done , I let the tiara sit for 2 days. Do not rush this drying time or the tiara could break.


10-When the tiara was dried to hold its shape, I removed the tape holding the parchment paper to the back of the yogurt container. I  then slided the parchment paper and tiara off the end of the container  and peeled the parchment paper off..


11-Let the tiara sit and dry for 1 more day.

12-When the tiara was completely dry,I airbrushed it with pearl color.



13-I used a pastry bag with piping gel,tip #1 and tweezers to attached the silver dragees.
My tiara was very strong and turned out better than what I had expected.





I used royal icing to attached my tiara to the cake.

Happy tiara making and share pictures with me if you get to make one.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts