kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Sunday 2 September 2012

Tetris Cake with Macarons
I'm still in stuck struggle city. I don't want to overshare, but I felt I should mention it for those of you who have emailed me in the last few weeks and are wondering why you haven't heard back from me. So this week I don't have a full recipe post, but I did want to share this fun idea with you. Last week was D-Tap's birthday. He's not a big fan of birthdays, but I wanted to make a fun, geeky cake for him. I mean, he showed up on the dance floor at my wedding reception in a Gumby costume. He deserves cake. Not long after I decided to do a tetris-themed cake with square macarons as the tiles he happened to walk past humming the tetris song, so I knew it was meant to be. Unfortunately with everything going on and having to prep the cake mid-week after work meant that I didn't have enough time to make the cake as awesome as I wanted it to be. I'm not very satisfied with the final outcome, the shells were bumpy and too big, the icing too messy...it's just a bit off. But I had to take a photo of it just so I could make this gif:
Tetris Cake with Macarons 
Try to overlook my rather average photoshopping skills. If you're wondering what's in the cake; I used a double quantity of this caramel mudcake recipe, chocolate cloud icing (using this recipe from Sweetapolita, it is so, so good) and square macarons shells (similar to these). I also decided to make a black border around the edge using licorice but it probably didn't need it. You could always use square lollies or sugar cookies for the tiles instead of macarons, but you know I couldn't resist using the macs. If I did it again I'd definitely make the tiles a lot smaller and make sure I gave myself more time to make the whole thing neater.  But I think the sentiment was appreciated :)

P.S. Someone pointed out that technically the bottom two rows should have disappeared. Which...is a very a good point. Okay, so I fail at being a nerd :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts