kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 2 July 2012

When I was a little kid, my grandparents had a handful of tart cherry trees in their back yard. I remember spending a summer weekend or two helping my Grandma make cherry pie filling, which she'd freeze in Cool Whip containers. Then, one year, they had to cut down ALL of their cherry trees. I think there was an insect infestation or blight or something. I remember my Grandma being just devastated at the loss of her trees. Of course, at the time, I didn't understand why Grandma cared about the silly trees. Now... I get it.

Tart cherry pie is the only pie that matters as far as I'm concerned. My husband may love his chocolate pie or strawberry-rhubarb pie, but for me, Cherry Pie is where it's at. My Father-In-Law agrees with me entirely. So, for Father's Day, I set out to make him a cherry pie.

Now, I wish I could have gotten my hands on some of Grandma's fresh, or even frozen, tart cherries. But for whatever reason they practically don't exist in Minnesota. So, I am forced to go with the canned variety.

What You Need:
For the Crust:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
3-4 Tbsp. ice water
1 egg
1 Tbsp. vinegar

For the Filling:
2- 14.5 oz. cans Tart Cherries (in water)
1 cup sugar
3-4 Tbsp. corn starch
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. almond extract
Click Here to Read More>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts