kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 11 April 2012

Five Days.

When my students ask me how long a cake or cookies or cupcakes will last, I always say five days.
This is based on nothing other than my opinion and experience in eating leftover cakes five days (or more) later. But there are ways to make things last longer, and there are some exceptions to this rule.
Below you will find my "shelf-life" guide to many of my baked goods and icings. This is not scientifically tested, by the way.

Icings:
If you're making a Basic Buttercream, Cream Cheese or Ganache icing, I say generally it will last 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator. The buttercream and cream cheese both freeze well, and I will use it within a month or two from the freezer.

I give Swiss Meringue Buttercream a shorter lifespan. Maybe a week in the fridge. (It probably lasts longer, but I love to eat it on graham crackers or vanilla wafers, so I would never know if it did.) I have not tried freezing this. I am rather unsure of how that would work out.

For Fondant, I usually say that it is good for about a month after it's been made (or opened if you're using store-bought), as long as it's stored well.

Click Here to Read More>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts