kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 27 February 2012


Happy Monday!! I hope you all had a great weekend.

I was so excited to be able to make a boy's cake over the weekend. I put this cake together at home last Saturday in just a few hours, 6 ,maybe.
One of Cami's former teachers was having a Cars theme party for her little boy. She actually wanted to be involve with the cake and help me make a few decorations. I invited her to come to my house and make the cake there.
Of course, my little baby E decided that she didn't want to be in her swing at any point of the day, so Miss G hold her most of the time.I pretty much end up making the cake myself, which of course I was thrilled since I never do anything for boys.

The first 2 tiers of the cake were covered in white fondant.I  used chocolate fondant to add a cut out mountain in the first tier. To make some 'dust', I just did a mix of brown gel color and vodka and applied with a paper towel.


I hand made the traffic light. The number 2 and the trees were made with fondant using cookie cutters.
The road is grey fondant and I piped the lines with white royal icing using tip #2.


I know it is unusual for me to add anything plastic on a cake, but in this case, the birthday boy need to have the cars right there, on the cake!  I attached them with royal icing.
The top tier is just marbled white and blue fondant . Of course, I wanted to make road signs, more trees and a few more details but we were running out of time and end up leaving the cake like this.

Have a great week everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts