kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Sunday 13 March 2011

I thought it would be fun to create a post about how far I've come with my cakes and cupcakes.  I was going through some of my old photos and came across a photo of my first ever attempt at creating a fondant 3D animal.  As most of you know I got into cake decorating when I wanted to create something really special for my daughters 1st birthday!! I remember being super excited but also somewhat nervous at getting started!  I didn't have any equipment and didn't even know what fondant was.  I brought a packet of fondant from the local supermarket and some liquid food colouring! {red,blue,yellow} Oh how it went so horribly wrong! I coloured a bit of fondant blue and man it was soooo sticky!!! Lol Oh well, I just carried on and tried my best to create something that I hope would resemble a cow, pig and horse!! At the time I was quite proud of myself {considering I'd never used fondant before} tho, I knew I had to improve if I wanted to make a cake that would fit for my little munchkin.  


My first ever attempt at creating a 3D figure!! LOL

         
                                      Before & Now                                                                 
After about 2 weeks of research and lots of experimenting, the big day came where I had to bake the cake and cover it!! I remember being SO nervous! I had never covered a cake in my life!  I manage to cover the cake and well create a cupcake tower that I was just sooooo pleased with! For someone who didn't know what the heck I was doing I think I did a pretty awesome job.



I remember getting a call from a good friend of mine and she asked if I would create a wedding cake for her best friends wedding!  Oh I remember being absolutely nervous and also excited at the possibility of creating a wedding cake!! But I initially said No! I had even stacked a cake before!! In the end I said yes and what an experience.  There were many tears and sleepless nights but I managed to get there.  I still cry when I have to stack a cake but with each cake experience I learn something new and change my technique.
Here you can see my first ever wedding tiered cake and my latest tiered creation.  Fast forward 2 years and Wow! what a difference.  I would have never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be designing and creating cupcakes and cakes!!  Sometimes I feel like it's a dream and I'm going to wake up and be back in my normal life.

 { Dreams can come true }



0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts