kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 18 January 2010

I made this cake for a little girl's birthday party, the theme was
"The Beauty and the Beast" and yellow colors.
I actually assembled the 3 tiers of the cake at my house, and yesterday under a heavy rain here in NJ,my husband and I delivered the cake and I finished it off at the event . Here are some pics, so you can have an idea of what has been keeping me up every night for the past 2 weeks. Pretty much going to bed very late every night. As many of you know, this castle can't be made in just one or two days.
It took me 2 weeks from start to finish.
Working a few days a week 8:45 am to 6:00 pm plus taking care of the baby and running the house, leaves me with no time to do anything during the day.
 I think this can explain my lack of posting. I wish I could post more!
The Castle is vanilla cake with one layer of vanilla buttercream and one layer or fresh raspberry preserves. Just to be clear..this is not a princess, I am not good at modeling humans, or maybe any other kind of figures? I have never taken any classes in this. So my intention here was to make a little doll with a princess dress.


I made her hair with my clay gun. This little doll was actually made following a few steps. First I made the body, I let it dry over night, then I made her head and attached it . I let it dry another night and then I made and attached the dress and arms. The last step I did was her hair and decoration for the top part of the dress. I let it dry over night again and then painted the dress with yellow pearl dust. For the top of the dress I mixed in some edible glitter











I covered the plastic roof and towers with fondant, then I made the brick pattern. The white details I made with royal icing and added some gold dragees just to make it a little more interesting. Visit here if you want to get some detailed instructions in how to make your own.






I really like the details of the door.

This carriage is made out of gumpaste. I made it 3 weeks ago because it needed to dry really hard for me to assemble it.





I hope you like it and get some ideas for your next Castle cake order.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts