kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 26 January 2010




This is a lovely, moist and flavorful cake -- the best of 2010 yet. The recipe's author calls it Gold Cake, giving a somewhat richer name to what most would call yellow cake. I call it the Lipitor Special -- it has FIVE egg yolks. This is simple to make (though the technique is a bit odd) and I used vanilla for flavoring, as I didn't have any lemon flavoring.
I paired it with mocha cocoa frosting (from a 1934 Hershey's cookbook) because I had all the ingredients and that recipe said to spread the frosting on a warm cake. It was getting late and I didn't want to wait for the cake layers to cool, so it was perfect! (You can see my "whoops" moment, in the photo above, when part of the cake and frosting collapsed. I simply removed that piece -- ate it -- and frosted over the error until it disappeared.)
Note: The tiny bit of salt in the frosting really enhances the flavor -- this must be an early reference to today's ubiquitous marriage of salt and chocolate.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts