kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 6 November 2009

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. Here in New Jersey the weather this week has been great, I really feel that the holidays are around the corner. I already started to decorate my house with some Christmas stuff, since I don't have a lot of time I just do a little at the time. In another note...I had to make these ivy leaves for a project this weekend, since I didn't have a cutter ,I tried something different and I think they come out cute. I want to share it with you because it might help in your cake decorating projects.
A few things you are going to need:
-Fondant mat
-Rolling pin
-Green gumpaste
-Scalpel knife
-Plastic wrap
-Ball tool
-Dresden tool
You are also are going to need some pictures or templates of ivy leaves, since I didn't have any, I just googled them and printed out 3 different leaves .




-I rolled out the green gumpaste on a greased surface as thin as possible.
-I let the gumpaste dry for a little
-I put the templates on top of the gumpaste and using the scalpel knife I traced around the edge of the leaves and cut them out.





-I lay one leave on thin foam and I covered the other ones with plastic wrap ( so they don't get dry too fast).
-You can choose whether to give your leaves frilled or flat edges. I use the ball tool to smoothed the edge of the leaves.



-Since I didn't use a veining tool, I just took the Dresden tool ( from the Wilton Gumpaste kit) and draw on a few lines here and there .





Too bad the picture didn't come out good for you to see the details.



-I let the leaves dry for a while before dusting them with green luster dust.(you can use a little bid of yellow on the edges if you want, or use a different tone of green, that's up to you)



IVY LEAVES


Well, I hope this works for you.
I have a question not related to this post, but I am brainstorming another giveaway.At Christmas time, do you bake sweet goodies for your friends or neighbors?
Have a nice week,
Kathia










0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts