kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 4 November 2009

When I say almost Tweety is because I think he doesn't quite look like the really cute Tweety bird we see in cartoons. But I can tell you I did try to do my best. I made it as a cake topper for one of Cami's teachers. Her mom's birthday is on Sunday and she is making her a cake, but since her mom loves Tweety and ivy leaves she ask me if I could do them for her. So, here is the result. To do the head I use rice crispy treats. I made the head and then I wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit over night.


I rolled a piece of lemon yellow fondant


and covered the head.




2 little pieces of gumpaste and I made the mouth!

For the body, my idea was to have Tweety sitting on top of the cake, which I think is what it looks like now, but I forgot to attached the feet in a different position, so he kind of look like he is standing ( I guess a need an anatomy lesson?) I let the head drying for a couple of days. I got a little piece of sanding paper and I smoothed the head as much as I could to take away any finger prints on it.














I rubbed a little water on the top of the neck and I inserted the head on the wooden skewer.







For the eyes, I just traced the eyes on paper, I cut them out and then I rolled a little piece of white fondant and cut out the eyes using the paper pattern . I did the same to add the blue and black centers.I used and eatable black market to draw the eye lashes .

And here is my almost TWEETY BIRD!








In another note.. here is my baby. Half a princess at her Day Care parade ( because pretty much everyone was crying and by the time Cami came out her face was red like an apple and her eyes were swollen, thank Goodness for a little bag of M&Ms)















0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts