kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 13 March 2013



I'm quite ready for winter's end, and thought I'd I do my part to hasten the arrival of warmer weather by baking Spring Blossom Cake. Let's just hope that God, wherever she is, has better luck.  My cake was a total fail.

It was disappointing on so many levels -- uneven appearance, poor taste and texture and, not to mention, the waste of time and three farm-fresh eggs.

All looked promising in the beginning. I mixed the eggs, lemon and flour, and folded the meringue into the batter.


But when I remove it from the oven and turned the pan upside down to cool (as per the instructions), the cake plopped out of the pan and on to the counter. (Forgive me for not photographing that hot mess -- I was so shocked that I forgot).

 Even though quite a bit of the cake remained stuck in the pan, I slid a spatula under the cake and carefully moved it onto a cooling rack, thinking I could fill the empty places with extra frosting. That is, until I tasted some of the cake stuck in the pan. It was not good.  Not sweet.  An odd rubbery texture.  There was no salvation, no promise of spring or anything else.


Of course, that didn't prevent me from eating way too much of that mistake (for research purposes, I told myself as I cut a third slice).


I flipped what remained upside down in order to cover it in plastic wrap and discovered that it looked fine.  Now if it had tasted fine, I would have been angry at myself for "ruining" the cake by cutting it.  Lesson learned: Sometimes, looking at something from another angle makes all the difference.


Here's the recipe.  Don't try this at home.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts