kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 12 November 2010

This is a New York City theme cake that I made for a birthday party this week. The cake is vanilla buttermilk  filled with chocolate mousse. My clients didn't really want a lot of NY details, they just wanted black buildings, a few taxi cabs and a doll with long curl hair. They were working with black, white and shades of pink colors and didn't want anything else to crash with the color palette they were using.
I made the "buildings" using  50% gumpaste and 50% fondant, they were dried as rock when I attached them to the cake. I baked, frosted and decorated the whole cake in 2 nights. In case you are wondering... yes, I just slept for a few hours. 
 
The doll is made of gumpaste, I consider her an improvement from my last doll, no links because I do not want you to see it ;). Everything is hand made, I made her hair with the help of a tooth pick,
I love tooth picks!

 Did I mention that I also baked, frosted and packed 100 cupcakes favors for the same event?
The cupcakes were vanilla buttermilk with pink frosting
 and black polka dots.
I baked and frosted the cupcakes in a few hours and I was lucky that one of my friends volunteer to come and helped me pack them. Without her help, I might be still packing them at this point. 
 Well, have a nice weekend everyone, thank you for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts