kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 12 February 2010


 I just returned from The Red Show's "Best Red Velvet Cake in Brooklyn" contest. 

When I arrived at the Brooklyn Historical Society and saw all the beyond GORGEOUS cakes (my iPhone photos do not do them justice), I was mortified.  Really, I wanted to drop off my cake and and sneak away.  But after several encouraging emails from DH (that's dear husband), I decided to stick it out.
What a great decision that was!

After preliminary judging, my cake was in the top three!  While I did not win best overall (that went to the beautiful cake with the raspberries and iron heart on top), I was singled out by Marty Markowitz, Brooklyn borough president, who was one of three judges.  "Who made this cake?" he asked, pointing to mine.  The organizer announced my name, and when I approached the table Marty told me that he liked mine the best, but decided to defer to the other judges.  (He whispered that I would have won had I not tinted the frosting pink.) Whatever.  In my mind I did win! 

I encourage everyone to visit The Red Show at the Brooklyn Historical Society today and tomorrow.  There won't be any cake, but the first floor is filled with craft vendors and is a perfect place to buy that special someone a Valentine's Day gift.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts