kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 2 March 2012

I would call these "breakfast cookies," but I'm not sure what actually constitutes a breakfast cookie. What I do know is that these cookies are awesome, some of my favorites. And you can actually "healthy them up" a little bit if you want to.

What You Need:
3 1/2 cups flour*
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup margarine, at room temperature**
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (large), at room temperature
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups toasted quick or rolled oats
1 1/2 cups pecans (or walnuts), toasted and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries

Notes:  
*You can substitute 1 - 1 1/2 cups ground oatmeal for 1 - 1 1/2 cups of white flour if you want to. (You know, to make it healthier.) See below for more information on how to do this.
**If you read this blog, you know I'm a huge fan of butter for everything. However, in cookies like these and other oatmeal cookies, I like to use half butter and half margarine. I find that it makes the cookies softer. All margarine doesn't give me the buttery taste I love, and all butter makes the cookies too crunchy. I go for half-and-half.

Yield: about 6 dozen 2-3" round cookies
Click Here to Read More>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts