kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Saturday 20 August 2011



Judging by the amount of All Blacks licensed partyware that has been shipping out the past few weeks, not to mention rugby shaped cookie cutters, cake tins & chocolate moulds I would say a there's a whole bunch of you out there planning Rugby watching parties with your friends.


Here at Kiwicakes, I've been planning a few treats for the supporters. I found these great stickers at our local emporium shop. Made by Kelrae Enterprises in Auckland. I wasn't quite sure what I was initally going to do with them, when I started planning this post.


Then it came to me, they'd look great on our miniature rugby ball gumball dispensers.


The tiny little rugby ball sticker fitted perfectly on the turn crank of the gumball machine.


This particular gumball machine is sold with orange gumballs (direct from the USA - it's the colour the manufacturer chose for football). However I thought they might look better with black jelly beans - the kids easily took the gumballs off my hands (I have jelly beans available in many colours) sold in 1kg bags)


Realising that not everyone is a black jelly bean fan like Grandma Kiwicakes, I decided perhaps white or black & white might be more suitable. In the process I discovered I LOVE WHITE jelly beans. If you're a fan of milkshake or milk bottle lollies you'll LOVE these too.


Of course you can fill these with Jaffa's, nuts, M&M's anything really, as long as they are big enough to fit out the hole when the crank is turned. Jelly beans work great, tried & tested by me.


It doesn't really matter what party I'm throwing, I can never just toss chips in a bowl and open packets of food, whilst I might include chips in a bowl. I always like to make something specific to the event I'm holding. Yesterday afternoon we took the children to the playground, this is very close to the Fudge Farm shop in the town basin of Whangarei. I left the children with hubby and snuck off to see what I could find that might be interesting for Rugby cupcakes. I came up with Chilli chocolate from Bella Chocolates. And the Whiskey & Walnut fudge fromt eh Fudge Farm.


I grated the chilli chocolate


And crumbled the whiskey & walnut fudge. I've previously crumbled fudge in to icing recipes before and found it can stick in the piping nozzles, so if  you're including it in the icing, you need to ensure you have a very large opening to your nozzle. The nozzle is used is Wilton 1A


Visually I thought the Chilli chocolate a little more sophisticated


Than the more rugged crumbled fudge


Both were equally delicious, I would happily eat both of them. The cupcakes are chocolate normally I don't pair cream cheese icing with plain chocolate cupcakes, but in this case, I thought the whiskey & walnut & chilli chocolate were well off set against my version of cream cheese icing which is;

1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
120g softened butter
3 3/4 cups icing sugar
1tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons of hot water
a squeeze of lemon juice

Cream together butter & cream cheese
Gradually add the icing sugar mixing slowly. When half of the icing sugar is mixed in add lemon, vanilla & hot water, continue to slowly add icing sugar. Mixture should be light & fluffy, if left to sit, or made ahead of time, add 1-2 more tbsp of hot water before piping to ensure light fluffy consistency.
COMPETITION

If you'd like to win one of two prize packs to kick start your Rugby watching party, leave me a comment below this post telling me which team you think will win the Rugby World Cup 2011. I will draw a winner August 27th and two winners will each receive one prize pack as outlined below delivered to an address anywhere in New Zealand.
Prize consists of: 1 pack of 25 black foil cupcake papers, 1 pack of 24 world top 8 rugby nation supporters flag picks, 1 pack of 24 silver fern black flag picks & 1 mini gumball machine with black & white jelly beans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts