kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 17 January 2011

This post is the first in a series I'm calling Kiwi Cake Decorators - twice a month I'll be asking 10 questions of a Kiwi Cake Decorator I'll ask each decorator 10 questions and hopefully you'll gain a little insight in to what other decorators around the country are doing. (both amateur & professional)

Our first Kiwi Cake Decorator to be profiled is Ree Roebeck. Ree lives in Auckland with her husband and children.

I first met Ree Roebeck at the Big Day out hosted by Waitakere in 2010. Here's a picture of us, posing in our Cricut Cake hats (we are both huge Cricut Cake fans). Ree is relatively new to cake decorating and is an active participant in the Kiwi Cake forums.


What is your business name; Ree-Lo'z Cupcakes 2 Go...


Ree, the name of your business suggests you can get cupcakes at very short notice - tell me about this aspect of your business; It’s based on “on the run”, I found myself all the time doing last minute things and realized there is no place around here that has a service of cupcakes on the go where you can walk into a bakery or cupcake place and grab a dozen stunning cupcakes either to take as a plate or morning tea to work or a special birthday for a kid or adult that you just want to do a small get together and not order a Big Cake etc. Everywhere you go you have to book in 2weeks advance and there is no place that I know of that will allow you to order last minute, you can’t ring up a wedding or cake decorator to order 12 cupcakes needed for the next day? Can you? So that’s when I thought and had come together with Cupcakes 2 Go... fast and simple and always ready for last minute orders...


How long have you been decorating; 7months

What is your favourite thing to bake & decorate – why? I enjoy mostly doing Cupcakes they're a smaller version of a cake making more easy to handle, putting your own creation into them easy to cart around and replace if a mistake is done - lol. the other thing I enjoy is definitely my homemade Bonbonz easy to whip up and less work.

What got you started in baking/decorating:  I had been thinking over things that would be beneficial to my business and I found that cakes and cupcakes were hard to find and order at last minute, I also found that some places (as I am quite picky about service and food hygiene) did not have the service nor food desires or grades to my expectations.

What are your top 5 decorating tools you cannot live without; Rolling pin, levelling sticks, cricut machine, axo knife, impression mats, and tips

What do you do when you’re not decorating? Surf the net looking for ideas and easy ways of HOW TO DO, ordering online, reading cake forums and recipes

What are some of your favourite creations you’ve created and why; Chocolate mousse cupcakes and fluffy vanilla for a 21st birthday my first time doing black and white and working with tappit sets, mind you everything that I’m doing is my first time, I find this was probably my best work with all my cupcakes.

Doing homemade bonbons with special ingredients. I've have had awesome feedback for these chocolate balls, I love chocolate and what better way is to come up with your own chocolate recipe.

What is your favourite cake, cookie, or cupcake flavour; Milk chocolate cupcakes and marble cake: and why? For cupcakes the milkiness where it’s light and fluffy, marble cake because of the chocolate and vanilla flavour swirled together bonds nicely at first bite.

If you could have someone make a cake for you, what would it be like; I haven’t really thought about that one.

You can find Ree on facebook here and flickr here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts