kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Thursday 2 September 2010






Oh man. Doing fake food cakes is probably one of my top favourite types of cakes to make. I just think it's so hilarious for some reason. Remember last year when I made this fish cake with a sad face? This year Adele asked me to create a steak cake instead!

I made two large sheet cakes and then set about frosting and carving them into a shape of a cartoon steak. I covered it in fondant, and painted on grill marks. I made little carrots out of fondant... and then... my piece de resistance... my favourite part... the baked potato!!! Using the trimmings from the sheet cakes, I shaped the cake into a potato-like shape using frosting and cake all mixed up. I chilled this in the fridge, then crumb-coat frosted it, smoothed it out and covered it in "potato" coloured fondant... then I split it down the center, piped in some buttercream, made a fondant "butter" pad and some fake parsley bits!

Haha. I thought my steak turned out pretty cartoony and cute! As usual it was sad to give it up. But if I kept all the cakes I made my house would be an explosion of stale cakes and hard fondant!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts