kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 29 September 2010

oreo_milkshakes-8
Oh hello. I have a secret to share. I have a serious weakness for milkshakes. I think it comes from a childish fascination with drinking beverages out of fun, colourful straws. I will continue to gorge myself on a giant, super sweet milkshake, even when my stomach is sloshy and I feel completely ill from too much lactose. But the reason I made these AWESOME Oreo Milkshakes (yes, it has to be capitalised, they are that awesome) was because I wanted to use this effing amazing chocolate sauce recipe by David Lebovitz. It's so so so sooooooo good. It's chocolate awesomesauce.
oreo_milkshakes
I've never been a fan of the store-bought chocolate syrup you get in a squeezy bottle. There's something unnervingly artificial about the texture and flavour of it. This chocolate syrup is totally different. It has a deep, rich flavour of chocolate with a super silky texture. And since I had ice cream, Oreos and this syrup, it was time to make super mega awesome milkshakes.
oreo_milkshakes-6
I'm not the only one who loves milkshakes in my house. A loves them so much that he even got a milkshake maker from his family several years ago. It resulted in many sore stomachs after we made all kinds of crazy milkshakes. I grew up with Tupperware milkshakes, which made milkshake making even more fun (except when you didn't close the lid properly before shaking and then mess happens) and I wish I still had the Tupperware!
oreo_milkshakes-7
I know this isn't much of a recipe, but I had to share it with you because it tastes so good. And I went a little nuts with the photos. And I had to let you know about that chocolate sauce. It's so good. Im going to go home tonight and eat some straight out of the jar.
oreo_milkshakes-5
Oreo Milkshakes with Homemade Chocolate Syrup
(chocolate sauce recipe from David Lebovitz, milkshakes serve 2-3)
For the chocolate syrup:
1 cup (250 ml) water
1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
1/2 cup (160 g) glucose (or light corn syrup, agave nectar)
3/4 cup (75 g) unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-processed)
2 oz (55 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (I used Lindt 70%)

For the Oreo Milkshakes:
6 Oreo Biscuits plus extra for topping (or use mini Oreos for topping)
1 1/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
Good quality vanilla ice cream

In a medium saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, glucose and cocoa powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it's just begun to simmer and boil, remove from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted. Let the sauce stand for a few hours before serving, which will give it time to thicken, or chill in the fridge.
oreo_milkshakes-4
Using the chilled sauce, swirl a good amount of the sauce around the sides of two milkshake glasses. Crush the 6 Oreos in a plastic bag, or using a food processor. Place crushed Oreos, milk and 2 scoops of ice cream (around 3/4 cups) in a blender or milkshake maker. Blend until combined and frothy. Pour milkshake into prepared glasses. Add another scoop of vanilla ice cream to each glass and top with mini Oreos or extra roughly crushed Oreos. Serve immediately.
oreo_milkshakes-3
Store the chocolate sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Rewarm before serving.
oreo_milkshakes-10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts