kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 21 October 2009


I'm very sorry it's been slow going around here. It's definitely not due to lack of interest in my blog, my laptop died rather spectacularly the other day and it took all of my recent photos for my upcoming blog posts with it. So all I can give you for the moment is what I have left on my camera, which isn't much since I did a dump onto my laptop just before it died. The most painful is that I lost all my daring bakers' challenge photos *sob* so it looks like I will have to redo it. Again. SOB. Anyway, forget about my bad luck with technology and let's work with what we have. We ended up at Winsure for a lazy late lunch, after some healthy retail therapy. It's a great place to drop by for a casual meal since it's so cheap and the food is quick and pretty tasty.

Roast pork and Chinese sausage ($15.80)

The only thing that bothers me is that the serving sizes are inconsistent everytime we come, so I'm never sure how much I should order. Today they're average, so we ended up ordering just the right amount. We always get a plate of their Chinese sausage because it is so deliciously naughty. Fatty slices of meat filled with flavour, these aren't the same as the chinese dried sausage (lap cheong) but they pack about the same amount of flavour in the juicy meat. The roast pork is super fatty with a super crunchy layer of crackling on top, it's neeearly burnt but you can't taste it.

Plain congee ($3.00)

Instead of ordering steamed rice to accompany our meat, we get a big bowl of rice porridge. This is officially my new favourite combination - Chinese bbq meat + congee = comfort in a bowl. The steaming bowl of congee is the perfect match for the fatty meat with no sauce, it adds moisture and tempers the grease level. There's something very Chinese and very homely about it.

E-Fu Noodles - Dry Fried Yee Meen ($9.80)

A big bowl of yee meen is something we always get here, but today it's rather empty looking, lacking the usually generous serve of vegetables and sauce. It's still satisfying though, with the chewy egg noodles and chinese mushrooms. Anyway, it's just one of those places that is perfect when you can't decide what you want to eat and you want it to be quick, cheap and unfussy.

Be patient, it may take a while before I get my blog back on its feet now that I am laptopless, but I will definitely be back soon!

Winsure Barbeque Restaurant

302 Victoria Ave,

Chatswood NSW 2067,

(02) 9411 2988

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts