kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 29 June 2009

Here is my latest baby. I can really say that I spend like 15 hours of work doing this cake,of course I am very slow. It was my first time using stars and wire on a cake and all the gumpaste took a lot of work and a lot of days to dry, specially since the weather here in NJ has been very rainy and humid. This cake was for a boy who just graduated from High School and he loves music and theater. He is actually going to college and get a major in theater. During the week I did all the gumpaste details, I also painted them to make them look nicer and shiny. When I get my pita chips out is when my brain is going to start working....and my stomach too and them my hips are getting ready to get a few more inches wide, God Lord help me!
This time I used plastic dowels instead of wooden ones, the top cake and the stage were going to be very heavy and I really wanted to be on the safe side.


When I attached the stage to the cake it look too plain, so I use a #2 tip and pipped some black royal icing around.


See, this is the back, it doesn't look good at all.




For the musical notes I actually printed them out on the computer using some clip art but they turn out to big for the cake, so I didn't have a choice and I had to do them againg and then I cut them. After I rolled the gumpaste and I let it dry just for a little bit, it just makes it easy to cut.








The film is made out gumpaste and the camara I made it using rice crispy treats, it was really easy. I could have made more details on the camara but I was really tired at that point to start cutting little pieces of gumpaste here and there.



I do not have a printer where I can use eatable sheets and eatable ink, so I did print this mini posters on regular paper and then attached them to a piece of gumpaste, in that way the paper wasn't going to touch the cake at all.




Isn't this cute??


Before I put the stars on the cake I cover the wire half way with white floral tape



And here it is the final product. I hope you like it and let me know what you think what I could do better the next time, I had no ideas for the stage.














0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts