kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Sunday 14 June 2009

This is my latest project, a simple cake inspired by the birthday girl's favorite's skirt . Buttermilk cake with chocolate frosting. I covered the cake with white fondant and the "ruffles" are made with 50% gumpaste and 50% fondant. This is the topper. Close up of the ruffles
The little cake with my awesome black background ( I am improving taking pictures)


Here is a little step by step of how I did it. I mixed the gumpaste and fondant and tinted with a little yellow color.


I cut out a series of circles, using three size cutters. I put them on my wilton board so they won't dry out.





To make the first ruffle I use the bigger circle, I place the end of a cocktail stick over the edge of the circle and roll it back and forth fairly hard so that paste begins to ruffle up. I work my way around the whole circle in this way, then I repeat the same steps with the other two circles.


Then I stick the smallest circle in the center of the middle size circle with a dab of water, then stick this in the center of the large circle to form a "rosette". I then wet the back of the rosette and carefully place it on the sides of the cake.





Here the rosettes are drying just a little bit before I place them on the cake. When you rich this point..the finger that you use to ruffle the rosette with the toot pick ( I can't remember the name in English right now and I don't feel like Google it) is almost swollen and you feel like is about to fall off your hand.


Take care girls,
Kathia






0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts