kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 7 March 2014


Cinnamon Supper Cake is my new go-to cake. I've made it three times in the past week because it's easy, delicious and, did I say easy?  The cake as described by one of my tasters is "a light and airy madeleine mixed with a light coffee cake."

It's made with basic ingredients that most of us have already: milk, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, vanilla butter and an egg.


The batter at the beginning looks curdled (and I beat the butter and sugar a long time, which is supposed to prevent this) but it will smooth out as you proceed.


See, I told you so!


I lined the pan with parchment so as to easily lift the cake from the pan.  You can also grease and flour the pan, and turn the cake out onto a rack about ten minutes after you remove it from the oven.


While the cake is still hot, brush it with some softened butter.  Or spread it with the back of a spoon.  Then apply the frosting.


The frosting is a simple mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon (the cake's namesake).  I put it in a fine strainer and tapped the sides to let it fall more evenly on the cake.



Production notes:  I used butter instead of shortening and served it at room temperature.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts