kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Sunday 11 August 2013

It was Mr BC's birthday over the weekend so I thought I'd better bake him a cake.  This year proved to be abit of challenge for me ... you may be asking why?  Well Mr BC has just been diagnosed as lactose intolerance.  So my mission was to bake him a cake that was super tasty but also something that he could enjoy and not make him feel sick.

Mr BC's Birthday Cake


I ended up baking a chocolate cake which is both lactose and gluten free.  It was absolutely delicious! A very moist decadent cake filled and covered with a vegan chocolate "buttercream".


It was so lovely to bake this for Mr BC!! It may have been a simple decorated cake but it was a cake made with alot of love and Mr BC was very grateful that he could have his cake and eat it too.

I've had people ask on my facebook page about the recipe for the frosting so please see below the recipe for the vegan "buttercream"

I found the recipe on Sweetapolita blog.  She has also included a vegan cupcake recipe you might want to try?  I haven't tried it myself.  You can view her recipe here.

Sweetapolita Chocolate Vegan Frosting:


  • 227g/8oz Vegan, non-hydrogented margarine {I used Olivani}
  • 125g/4oz Icing sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 145g good quality bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 60ml Almond or Soy milk {I used soy milk}
  • Pinch of salt     
  1. In a bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine icing sugar and margarine and beat on low speed for 1 minute.
  2. Add vanilla and beat on low until combined.  Add melted chocolate and beat on medium until smooth, about 2 minutes.  Add soy milk and salt and beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
Ok so I got to this stage and my frosting was looking rather gross!! It was really soupy and look like it had curdled. I was about to throw it away but decided nope! I've got to see if I can save it!  So I kept adding icing sugar and beating it.  In the end it turned into a beautiful frosting and was so happy that I could save it and use it on the cake.  I would say that I probably added at least another 200g or so of icing sugar.  My suggestion is to keep adding small amounts at a time until you get the consistency you are wanting.

Happy Baking!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts