kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Wednesday 28 November 2012

Last weekend I was able to get my hands on this little Gingerbread Village Kit at Michael's. The little houses were tiny, but it was on sale and I used my coupon ( I do not buy anything without a coupon now days)and I end up paying $2.99. Now, that's a price that I am happy with . 


Since I had Cami and my husband's little nephew at home enjoying a play date, I thought it was the perfect timing for the kids to decorate the houses and keep them busy while I was fixing dinner.

I divided the royal icing in pastry bags, I didn't use any tips, a kid with an icing bag?, a tip is the less thing they have in their mind!

I assembled the houses for them. I let them sit for a while so the royal icing could dry. I didn't even use fancy cake boards, I used the little boards that came with the kit.


I had plenty of candy at home and I also used the one that came in the box. Two small cupcake muffin tins were perfect so each of the kids had their own candy and could decorate at their own pace.

Cami was a little impatience waiting for the icing to dry, of course she wasn't too happy either because I told her the candy was made specially for the house and it wasn't mean to be eaten. I lie sometimes.

The kids had a great time decorating their houses and getting their creativity out placing the candy here and there.

For $2.99 I have to say it was a pretty good deal .
Do you have any budget friendly projects to do with your kids over the holidays?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts