kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 30 November 2012



I was especially attracted to this vintage recipe card because of the handwritten notation at the top: tested 5/19/55 very good.

So, more than a half century later, I tested these myself and found that they have withstood the test of time; they are still very good.  Grape-Nuts Crunchies -- basically oatmeal cookies but with Grape-Nuts instead -- probably were developed in a Post Cereal test kitchen sometime in the 1940s or 1950s.  Grape-Nuts themselves have been around since 1897!  Checking "official" recipes on their website today shows that three of them are low-fat and one involves tabbouleh! 

So if you want something different than the usual oatmeal cookie, one with a slightly maltier flavor, I recommend these twice tested treats.





As always, I used butter as the shortening (instead of Spry or Crisco) in the recipe.  And I don't sift the flour or other dry ingredients, just mix them together with a whisk.  Much quicker with an excellent result.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts