kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 23 January 2012

Did you know today is "National Pie Day?" Really?! I don't get these "days." But since I had planned to post this recipe later in the week, I decided I'd go ahead and celebrate.

This French Silk Pie recipe is adapted from one I found in an old church cookbook. (Don't all of the best recipes come from an old church cookbook?) This is usually what I make for my husband on his birthday. This year, however, he raised the stakes. His birthday dessert did involve this pie, but not in a traditional way. You'll see what I mean Friday with "The Most Ridiculous Chocolate Cake Ever."
Now, for the pie.

What You Need: (for the crust)
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 Tbsp. butter
What You Need: (for the filling)
3/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
1 cup powdered sugar
5 oz. semisweet or unsweetened chocolate, melted*
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs (or 3/4 cup pasteurized egg "product" to protect from salmonella)
For the topping:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla


Click Here to Read More>>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts