kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Saturday 28 March 2009











Two clown-ish memories of elementary school:

Memory One: Being 7 or 8 years old (in grade 3?) and watching an assembly in the school gymnasium of the grade 7 students dressed as clowns doing a juggling act with colorful scarves to the tune of "Send In The Clowns." Super weird, super awesome. We had panda bear head juggling balls at our house which I would attempt to throw around. That, or oranges, as there was always plenty of fruit.

Memory Two: Being in possibly grade 6 or 7 and watching the extremely terrifying Stephen King-brought-to-television miniseries "It." There is a scary, scary clown in that one. Note to parents: kids really do remain terrified of scary things they see on TV or at the movies for many years to come! Example: I was scared to go into the bathroom for two years because I thought I would find E.T. almost-dead on the floor, all white and powdery, moaning for help and possibly trying to kill me. Even though E.T. was benign.

Now onto life in the future: a wonderful request for a "circus" themed vanilla Coco Cake and matching delicious cupcakes for Aza's 7th birthday party! "Hmm," I thought. "Could I possibly create a CLOWN cupcake that wouldn't entirely terrify me??" The challenge was on. To make a clown cupcake cute.

Making the cake circus-y themed was lots of fun. I immediately thought of a big circus tent, so red striped cake was crucial. Then I thought of circus animals. Initially I was thinking elephant sitting on top of a ball. But then, I remembered how CUTE seals are! A funny little grey seal, with a ruffled collar, balancing a red ball on his head!

I drew diagrams of the cake and cupcakes first, and followed the drawings pretty closely. I have been doing this lately and it's been very helpful! I thought the key to my clown cupcakes would be friendly little eyes. No scary clown makeup. I made friendly little clown hats using fondant, sprinkles and red candy hearts, and drew my clowns as friendly as can be. I think my clown cupcakes turned out pretty cute too!

To view an easy tutorial on how I make an animal face (or clown face!) cupcake, go to my flickr site here!

Phewf! Cute clown cupcake challenge is over! I was going to look up the TV miniseries "It" and do a link to it but I got too scared, LOL. Yes, I am a CHILD!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts