kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 17 April 2015

HI all! It's Emily again from Nap-Time Creations...

I love Shepherds Pie... The way the veggies bake together and the sauces and flavors mix, YUM!!! My boys don't really love shepherds pie... they would eat all the ingredients separate, but something about baking them all together, they don't love. To try and make this dish more appealing to them I created this Ranch Shepherds Pie version and it was SO good... we all loved it and the result was a huge hit.. I made a veggie version and a meat version. Today I'm showing you the Vegetarian Ranch Shepherds Pie, but I'll also include directions for the meaty version too.

  vegetairan ranch shepherds pie 3


 I also added cheese, as you can see in the photo. Ordinary shepherds pie became just a little bit better.

vegetairan ranch shepherds pie 4

Here's how it looked straight from the oven. I love the crusty bits around the edge as the potato browns.. I would be happy to just eat all the edges.

vegetairan ranch shepherds pie 2

Here's what you will need to make 1 shepherds pie in a pie pan...
2 potatoes
1/2 red onion
2 large carrots
1-2 cups peas - depends on preference- I like lots!
2 TBS ranch power {I used Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix}
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
pinch of pepper/salt
1 TBS butter
1/4 cup low fat milk
{optional} 1 cup browned ground beef

1. prep your potatoes as you would for mashed potatoes. {peel, large chop, boil until just soft} Place the boiled potatoes in large mixing bowl with milk and salt/pepper and butter. With an electric mixer blend all together until smooth. Add the ranch powder and blend again.

2. Prep the carrots by steaming until just soft - do not over steam. Saute the onions in a pan on stove with a bit of oil until also just soft.

3. Start layering in the pan. I put the Carrots and peas on the bottom, then the onion, cheese and top with the ranch mashed potatoes. Bake covered for 20 min at 375, then uncover for 10 min. to brown the top. Serve hot and enjoy!

** I would put the beef on top to of the carrots if adding to the recipe.

vegetairan ranch shepherds pie

What ingredients to you put in your shepherds pie? Aren't the colors so pretty! I like using the red onions just for the color!

vegetairan ranch shepherds pie 1


Other Posts You May Enjoy:
baked cheesy chicken fingers
pastabake4
quinoa with broccoli2



I hope you enjoy! Shared at these fun parties!
Emily
facebook twitter pinterest google+ instagram bloglovin' get Love Bakes Good Cakes by email or RSS Image Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts