kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Friday 12 September 2014



 Welcome back to Foodie Friday!


Where every 2nd Friday of the month I, Sandra from A Dash of Sanity, will be sharing one of my favorite recipes with the friends and followers of Love Bakes Good Cakes.




I absolutely love my recipe for sweet dinner rolls and so does my family, so naturally we make these for the holidays and I find occasions throughout the year to make them as well.
A while ago, I was craving Chicken Cordon Bleu, like really bad. It was like I either make it or we were going out to get it. And well that night I was alone with my 5 kids and I was not going out to a restaurant by myself with them, so we stayed home. Then it turned into one of those crazy afternoons…you know the kind I mean after school chaos!!
My fabulous idea for dinner was quickly fading before me. And then it hit me, I could use the dough in the bread machine and make dinner rolls stuffed with Chicken Cordon Bleu and that is where this yummy recipe came from.
It was a win, win for everyone. I got my the dinner I had been craving, there was little mess to clean up and the kids loved it.
If your short on time you could buy pre-made dough, but let me tell you these rolls are to die for, if you have time go for it….it will be worth it.
XOXO San

Pinterest  |  Facebook  |  Twitter 

Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls

     Serving: 16 rolls       Bake Time: 10-15 minutes      


Crescent Rolls:
1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1/2 cup warm milk
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup butter, softened

Filling:
16 slices Swiss cheese
16 chicken tenderloins, about 2 lbs.
16 slices of Black Forest ham
1 tablespoon cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste


To make the crescent rolls, in a bread machine add water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and. Select Dough/Knead and First Rise Cycle; press Start.
While the dough is doing its thing, season your chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper. Sautee the chicken tenderloins in a pan. Add cooking oil and cook until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden in each side, about 5-7 minutes, 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside, covered with a paper towel so they do not dry out.
When cycle finishes, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, spread 1/4 cup softened butter over entire round. Cut each circle into 8 wedges.
On each wedge place, one chicken tenderloin, then one slice of Swiss cheese (I had to cut mine slices in half, so I laid both slices on top), and top with the slice of ham, you may need to fold it in half so that it stays on the roll and isn’t hanging over too much.
Roll wedges starting at wide end; roll gently but tightly. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place, let rise 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). 
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.


Kids review: They loved, loved, and loved these. Success!!! And it was great to pack in their lunches the next day.

Like what you see here? Check out my blog A Dash of Sanity
Here are some of my most recent recipes:

Chocolate Harvest Cake





0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts