kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 3 June 2014


Here's a cake I made recently for a special 6 year old boy in our house who is rugby mad. Time was of the essence with decorations but I had promised some players tackling on a field so I had no option but to complete it before the school bell rung!

These player decorations were made just before the party - taking 1 hour in total. Luckily I had  borrowed Sandra's male mould from this family set or it wouldn't have been achievable.

I started with classic coconut for a textured grass field. I made it by mixing a drop of electric blue gel with a more generous squirt of electric yelllow gel together in a snaplock bag, then tossed the coconut through the resulting electric green colour.

I smeared a very thin sheen of crisco inside the person moulds before I started. This just means that my fondant had no chance of sticking inside. I didn't have time for errors. I used various coloured fondant to fill the mould cavities with a mixture of 'clothing' and 'exposed skin' (this included an exposed bare bottom by special request of the birthday boy) I used sugar glue to stick the limbs together.



As the players were face-down I didn't need to worry about detailing the facial features but I did need to quickly add hair. One was made by pushing a small ball of fondant through a sieve and the other was a flattened ball of fondant snipped at with clean nail-type scissors. 

To finish I piped some numbers on the back of their jerseys with white icing using a thin tip. I shaped a ball out of fondant and detailed it with the icing too. I think these last few touches are really important to make it genuine and and sporty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts