kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Sunday 12 June 2016



Wow who would have thought ten years would pass so quickly. A little over ten years ago before my second child was born, I had a plan for a little business to keep me occupied, as I would not be returning to work after my second baby.

Fast forward ten years, Kiwicakes now employs a staff of 4, we occupy two buildings in Grant st Kamo and are now the NZ distributor of many international brands for amateur and professional cake decorators. So much for the little business I pictured, that might keep me busy for an hour or two each day.

However I didn't do it alone. Extreme thanks must go to my husband, who at times was both mother and father to our kids whilst I travelled attending cake shows nationally and internationally, and for the many hours I spend teaching students here at Kiwicakes. Without him our kids would not have turned out to be the great little people they are.
Also to my mum Betty A.K.A Grandma Kiwicakes, for her business acumen and for always telling me to take the leap, as she had my back. Not to mention the countless hours of unpaid work she's done to help me get to where we are today.
My lovely staff - I thank my lucky stars often, that I have such trustworthy and loyal staff, you guys rock!.
And of course to my amazing Kiwicakers A.K.A my customers - without your support and constant queries about the next best thing, I would not be here today.



I'm pretty proud of what we've achieved in ten years, Looking back, some pretty cool stuff has happened to me and to Kiwicakes. There's been the odd hairy moment, such as the website hacking by a group from Russia and the complete loss of the Kiwicakes catalogue after a website crash - which were quickly set to rights by my incredible website developing duo Donna & Carla (who are responsible for everything you like about the website)



Way back in 2006 I would have never dreamed some of it was even possible. Here's a little recap on some of the "cool stuff"

2006
Kiwicakes is born from my home office 

2007
Kiwicakes website goes live. Ten customers register in the first day!
Kiwicakes releases their first exclusive product design of silicone moulds

2008
More exclusive Kiwiana moulds are added to the range.

2009
Kiwicakes Blog is born - you're already here reading this. And in 7 years, there's been over 1000 posts.
Kiwicakes becomes sponsor for SPCA Cupcake Day
Kiwicakes becomes the official New Zealand distributor for Rainbow Dust Colours Ltd UK

2010
I was nominated for the Next magazine "Woman Of The Year" award for business - attending the awards ceremony was humbling to be included amongst some of NZ's highest achievers.

2011
"Her Magazine" Best use of technology finalist in Bloom business awards.
September 2011 we move to our current location

2012
Kiwicakes becomes Operation Sugar's cake supplies sponsor.
I write my first magazine article for kids cake decorating for Upstart magazine

2013
I make my first Operation Sugar cake
Kiwicakes releases it's own brand of sugar pearls and non pareils which are made right here in NZ
I travel to Sydney to train as a certified Wilton method instructor.

2014
We start making and selling Kiwifudge at Kiwicakes
Campbell Live TV show with cakes from Middle Earth - Sandra makes her first TV appearance
Kiwicakes is a finalist in three categories for the Westpac Northland business awards, winning one category
We launch online loyalty rewards for customers shopping online at Kiwicakes

2015
Kiwicakes is a finalist in two categories for Westpac Northland Business awards
Kiwicakes starts printing & selling custom edible image printing
Kiwicakes launches our inaugural SPCA support month (April)
Goody card is launched in store for customers visiting us st our Grant St store (as opposed to online shopping rewards launched in 2014)
Kiwicakes launches "Kiwicakes cake mixes"

2016
Kiwicakes becomes the first retail store in NZ to offer "Create A Cake" officially licensed edible image service for Disney, Star Wars, NRL & so much more.
Kiwicakes is ten years old
June 2016 - as I write I've just listed our 15 190th product






0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts