kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Monday 2 December 2013


Every year for the last few years I've watched Nigella Lawson's Christmas TV special (cooking shows are probably the only thing I like repeats of). Every time I see Nigella make her Spruced Up Vanilla Cake, I want to try it for myself. This year I decided I just had to do it.


My resulting cake was a gorgeous yellow thanks to our three chickens free range eggs. The yolks are so bright they're almost orange. Our chickens were a birthday present for our daughter this year, she raised them from chicks. They're named Onkymo, Maurice and Rocky (very feminine names I know). Without fail they provide us with 3 eggs every day.

You can find Nigellas recipe here on her "Season's Eatings" page - there's lots of other great Christmas recipes too. The pan used is this Nordicware pan. The pans are such good quality, they will last a lifetime - creating a family tradition for years to come. I couldn't agree more when Nigella says "This is a sleight of hand, or a trick of equipment rather than an act of brilliance. True, the cake does look incredibly complicated and seasonally impressive as it comes to the table, but that is all down to the shape of the tin."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts