kiem tien, kiem tien online, kiem tien truc tuyen, kiem tien tren mang
Tuesday 11 October 2005

We had a great time in Burlington, VT, even tho it rained pretty much all the time...we went to the Lake Champlain Chocolate place near Stowe that is hooked up to the Cabot Cheese store...do I have to say it out loud that this trip was all about food? Sunday night we went to the New England Culinary Institute (everone there calls it neci) restaurant, NECI Commons, for dinner. It was pretty good and very reasonable...(although it did lead to nightmares for one of our group (but I can't go into here)...hmmmm. The next morning (fully recovered from the night before), we ate breakfast at this cute place (highly recommended) called Penny Cluse Cafe which is named after a dog...which is okay with me, I love dogs.

This is a photo of the only cupcakes I could find in Burlington...and these actually turned out to be mini-cheesecakes...They are from the City Market Coop (yup...another food place...sigh) . It was a cool place and I bought some stuff for my cupcakes there, including, genuine Pure Vermont Maple Syrup, genuine Pure Vermont Maple Candy, homemade looking chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. I don't think cupcakes have discovered Burlington, VT yet...

And so, to my cupcakes. When I got home, I took Layla to a dog training lesson with our trainer, Rachel Jones, who owns K-9 Divine. She's so cool! When I got back home again, I conjured up some basic vanilla cupcakes so that I would have time to dedicate myself to the maple frosting I decided to make: Julie Hasson's 125 Best Cupcake Recipes Maple Buttercream Frosting. [Did you know that Julie Hasson commented on this site last week?] I did embellish it with my addition of genuine Vermont Maple Syrup and then I crushed up all of my genuine Vermont Maple Candy and threw that in, too. It was great, it left tiny chips of Maple candy in the frosting. Afterward, I decorated some of the cupcakes with the chocolate and white chocolate chips.

Comment from one taster: It tastes like I'm eating pancakes with maple syrup...yummm! Recipe later today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

domain, domain name, premium domain name for sales

Popular Posts